The Resuscitation Services and Clinical Education department is based in the Education and Training Centre; on-site at the Countess of Chester hospital, Foundation Trust and provides high quality training in the management of cardiac arrests, trauma and numerous clinical skills.
The training team offers many nationally accredited courses suitable for all specialities and grades of staff. We also visit clinical areas where bespoke training is facilitated; tailoring the session(s) around a team, speciality and the patients’ needs.
The team come from a variety of clinical backgrounds which enables a diverse understanding of the problems encountered during clinical practice. We fully support the trust values, and believe effective training can help in their implementation and improve patients’ experience and safety.
What we do
- Development and delivery of training courses covering resuscitation, clinical skills and human factors
- Provide clinical education and support for medical students within the organsisation
- Audit of risks related to resuscitation, cardiac arrest outcomes, DNACPR decisions, emergency calls to switchboard, emergency equipment checks and issues.
- Implement resuscitation guidelines throughout the trust
- Trial, procurement and introduction of new equipment
- Provide clinical support during cardiac arrest team calls
- Support, advice and training for local agencies in the community
- Attend in support of the hospital cardiac arrest team
- Provide bespoke sessions where training needs have been identified
Kate Vaughan, Jon Cringle and Jenny Fairhurst
Click here for all Resuscitation training courses.
The range of clinical backgrounds within the resuscitation team allows for a wealth of clinical knowledge ensuring unrestricted creativity of bespoke training. We currently work with several departments within the hospital providing purpose designed training to fit specific needs. Courses can take place within the Education and Training Centre or within the clinical environment.
Please call the resuscitation department directly on ext. 5897, to discuss any training ventures or book any sessions.