The Manual Handling service co-ordinates the provision of statutory manual handling training, education and health promotion across the Trust. The service is dedicated to the delivery of a safe environment for those who work in or have cause to visit or stay at the Trust’s premises.
The team conducts the following activities as part of their role:
- Ensures that systems are in place within the Trust to comply with relevant Health & Safety Legislation.
- Provides support to all Trust managers and staff, both clinical and non-clinical to ensure policy is followed and to improve their wellbeing.
- Assists in the business continuity of the Trust ensuring that staff can deliver safe and appropriate care to each individual patient.
- Offer bespoke training to trust staff, both in the classroom and in the workplace to meet specific needs
- Provide direct specialised clinical support to patients as required. Improved manual handling is directly linked to the length of patient stay, improved patient care and early mobilisation.
- Investigates all manual handling incidents and provides support with risk reducing measures.
The Manual Handling Service is located within the Education and Training Centre at the Countess of Chester Hospital.
Manual Handling Manager: Beryl Blacklock
Direct dial: 01244 365750
E-mail address: email@example.com
The Manual Handling Service offer a variety of training courses, please see our course catalogue.
The manual handling team can also arrange bespoke additional training to meet the needs of hospital wards and departments. Please contact ext. 5750.
Manual Handling Handouts
- HSE guidance on Manual Handling Operations Regulations updated Sept 16
Please note that the above link can only be accessed if you are on the Trust network.
Manual Handling Manager
Manual Handling Advisors
Sue McCarthy Libby Potter Lorraine Hardman