Welcome to the Practice Education Facilitator team’s home page
Through these pages, you can access information and links to support learning that takes place for both students and educators within the Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. The pages are in continual development and we welcome suggestions for additions to them, to support you in your role. Information about our Practice Education Facilitator team and how to contact us can be found below. There are links to further pages for students and educators on this page, as well as a Useful Website links page.
What is a Practice Education Facilitator?
The Practice Education Facilitator (PEF) role was introduced from April 2008 across all North West NHS trusts within Cheshire & Merseyside, Greater Manchester and Cumbria & Lancashire. The PEF role can be undertaken by a non-medical health care professional from nursing, midwifery or the allied health professions.
- The primary focus of the role is to ensure the capacity, capability and quality of learning environments for pre-registration students of Nursing, Midwifery and the Allied Health Professions. PEFs cover these professions’ placements within the Countess of Chester Hospital and Ellesmere Port Hospital, as well as providing support to some local private, voluntary and independent sector placements.
To do this, the PEF team:
- ensures the quality of learning environments through placement audits
- act as a link between the Trust and Universities
- support practice educators and practice staff
- support students in practice
- implement & monitor professional standards
- support interprofessional learning though student workshops
- support ‘hub and spoke’ placement learning opportunities
- support Quality Surveillance initiatives from Health Education England
- provide trust reports to monitor trust performance as a learning environment, reporting to the Director of Nursing and Quality, leads for Education and informing Local Education Environment reports to Health Education England.
The PEF team members are:
Tel: 01244 365751
Tel – 01244 365751